Monday 27 April 2009

Memories and looks

Bit of this I just found this and had to put it in. 
I trot along happily in the rain. Whippet does not. He gives me an accusing look when I turn down the hill instead of taking the short cut.

I stop to tell farmer Rex's side kick about the sheep laid flat.(sheep I'm told are not suppose to do that). "It's me birthday tomorrow I will be 80" . He starts a journey down memory lane. "There used to be an air raid shelter outside your house".  And "when the wraf drove the lorryup to the camp for first, time she turned the corner and ran into a steam roller".
The news at 6 provides a smile to wake up with. Hands off our  sherbert.
Bit of that
Sheep are quite intelligent creatures and have more brainpower than people are willing to give them credit for. For example, sheep in Yorkshire, England found a way to get over cattle grids by rolling on their backs. Clever sheep!
A study published in National Geographic magazine showed that a sheep can remember the faces of fifty other sheep for over two years. Amazing!
However, if you ever come across a sheep on its back, give it a hand and get it up on its feet. Sheep cannot get themselves back upright from that position and if left for too long it will unfortunately, eventually die.
(lifted from Animal Corner)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Morse information - I thought it was a computer problem!
    How does anyone know how many faces a sheep can recognise for how long? A clever sheep may be bluffing. This sort of research delights me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the very same, about the bars and the sheep!

    ReplyDelete