Thursday 30 April 2009

Gifted and young

Bit of this
She manages to get a whole house built around her, by giving instructions to those nearby, trying unsuccessfully to rope yours truly in. At one point she says "thats enough, now go away, go over there and share" (all in one breath too). A bit difficult that one as there are no more toys in the space. 

Lots of us are trollying along humming and singing. One lad is crooning to Elvis, while shelve stacking. We bat the ball. He flashes a smart Elvis pen under my nose. And confesses he loves karaoke.

He has just had his seventeenth birthday. He stops by my check out, turns to his mate and say's "see you latter." After waiting for me he helps to load my stuff. When I ask if he is having a holiday he replies. "I am going halves so they can get away". Then excitedly tells me he is going to play footie in a stadium that seats 40,000. Budge up Becks, he is a star in more ways than one. 
Bit of that
Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'cross the kitcen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
(Shel Silvrstein) 
It is never too late to get in touch with your inner child.

2 comments:

  1. Shel siverstein seems to pinpoint so such in few words. I love his poetry. Appeals to the child in me I suppose.

    ReplyDelete