Monday 1 February 2010

Bit of this
Yards of thin ribbons of ice hanging from the side of the ditch. Stopping before it reaches the bottom.

The smell of fabric conditioner as warm air from the radiator wafts past.

Arrow like whippet stretches. paws forward, nose in line, bum in the air and he yawns, then thumps his back end on the floor.
Bit of that
Do I have the time though? Or more to the point could I meditate my way through the sodding shoulder? Least I would be happy in my misery. (yes I am feeling sorry for myself). Today I am allowed tomorrow I am not.

MATTHIEU RICARD

Matthieu Ricard is a Buddhist monk, author and former scientist, who has lived and studied in the Himalayas for the last forty years. He was once dubbed ‘the happiest man in the world’ following MRI scans on his brain. Although he questions the accuracy of this claim, he puts his contentment down to regular meditation. In The Art of Meditation Matthieu Ricard shares his thoughts and experience.

The Art of Meditation is published by Atlantic Books.

Matthieu Ricard

No comments:

Post a Comment