Monday 16 March 2009

stitches birds and blue

Bit of this
I sit and knit, enjoying the sun on my face. I knit until the children pull up in cars to start school. I drop stitches and practice picking them up again. But latter when I check there are five extra. Thank goodness the sox have changed to leg warmers! It is unbelievable that I am descended from a champion sock knitter. 

I clean out the door seal, pulling a tiny back bead from the sludge of a hundred washes. But in the daylight it turns out to be a beautiful shot in the arm sort of blue. It catches my eye from the windowsill as I wash the pots.

When I arrive Mrs T has not got round to feeding the birds. I know this because as I move toward the gate, the robin flies to the post and looks me straight in the eye. It was so close I could have touched it, and the minute I appear at the slide door, to look out, so does a blackbird to look in.

Bit of this
One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

No comments:

Post a Comment