Wednesday 1 April 2009

Shattered and humor sticks things

Bit of this
A loud clatter makes me jump. The mirror was shattered into large fragments. Some would say 7 years bad luck. I think the cat has used another of her 9 lives, had I fed her when she was pestering she would have been flat cat. 

They had chosen April fools day. Life is one huge joke. With the first sentence spoken, he was to be our undoing. He got under the British stiff upper lip. Told it how it was. Acknowledged the tragedy. And I am glad it was not a churchy glossing over of a life ended, because he never ever stood a chance. Bare facts for the 3 surviving siblings to hear. I don't think in all the years in the system anyone had told their story. "We all do the best we can at the time" he says.  We look at one another and wonder. And then Gary Nuwman blasts forth and encapsulates it all. 

I get lost in the world of a totally wacky play on R4. Involving buglers who steal the queens marriage certificate. It was just what I needed. A real tonic.

Bit of that
This bridge will only take you halfway there
To those mysterious lands you long to see:
Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fairs
And moonlit woods where unicorns run free.
So come and walk awhile with me and share
The twisting trails and wondrous worlds I've known.
But this bridge will only take you half way there 
The last few steps you'll have to take alone.
Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment