Wednesday 4 March 2009

Brand newness

Bit of this
I stoop to pick the smallest of the ivy leaves from the ground and notice heart shaped leaves and perfect miniature stinging nettles. Everywhere underfoot newness.
   
Warm sun with a whip of cold wind, I suddenly want to shed outer layers and expose my skin to the  coldness hoping to sooth my back. Aware of the fright I may give other walkers, I compromise and now sit here, a cool caressing wind blowing through the window.

From nowhere a bright pink fairy with purple tights and pink shoes runs around the old manor wall corner, her dark curly hair bouncing in her wake.

Bit of that
Magic
Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlies found some goblin's gold,
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have know
I've had to make myself.
( Shel Silverstein)
And here's a nod to a friend who sings this better!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh .... I'd forgotten that boaconstrictor song in the link!!! I feel like I've forgotten more than I ever knew now - I wonder if it's old age?

    ReplyDelete