Thursday 28 May 2009

Smile,frown and leaving behind

Bit of this
All I see in the dark doorway is a face. Blond hair sparly eyes and a dazzling smile, he is leaning backward to greet me and I glimpse a large box in his arms. His family are moving 200 yards from one side of the road to the other. 

My heart races the bad tempered big black dog is coming down the hill with a young boy. I decide to leave whippet free as he is a wimp when off the lead. It advances hackles up frown on it's face curling it's lip, eye balling whippet who is frozen in terror and sensibly avoids eye contact. In an instant it decides there is no threat and bounds off. Whippet must be giving off she dog smells as confrontation with an un hampered male sets it in a fury. 

I leave the shadows of the house behind and peddle forward into the evening sun. At the bridge gnats seemed to be chasing their tails in a patch of light. I hear the church bells ring out from the next village and plan a trip with the camera when I see the wild borage. 
Bit of that 
FROZEN DREAM
I'll take the dream I had last night
And put it in my freezer,
So someday long and far away
When I'm an old grey geezer,
I'll take it out and thaw it out,
This lovely dream I've frozen,
And boil it up and sit me down
And dip my old cold toes in.
Shel Silverstien

No comments:

Post a Comment