Monday 8 June 2009

Seedings, saving time and spending it

Bit of this
Seedlings or weedlings? Seedlings! 

She still lives by the clock. "I shall do me ironing at 11 o clock". I glance at her neatly folded pile. Even at the pinnacle of my domestic goddess phase I never ever iron knickers, tea towels and dusters! In fact I don't get the iron out from 1 month to the next sometimes. Just think how much time I will have saved if I live to be 91!

I spend it reading mostly. My new book is claustrophobic like a well crafted cage, I carry the atmosphere around, so another runs alongside. 
Bit of that
The cellist of Sarajevo fiction based on fact. It has the unexpected bonus of making me count my blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that book. Very good. It does make you very grateful we are not at war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother ironed all the clothes, but never the sheets or towels. I was tasked to iron my father's handkerchiefs.

    I iron rarely, and as little of the item as necessary.

    ReplyDelete