Thursday 2 July 2009

tokens of love

Bit of this
She shows me 3 poppies and 3 crimson cherries and then spends all morning perfecting her labour of love. Adding a pot on a beautifully decorated lid. Next she makes and alter affair with leaves and stones around it outside and arranges a long line of milk crates leading up to it. The creation morphs several times as the wind plays havoc and she takes evasive action. Eventually ending back indoors.

It is a true thing of beauty and as luck would have it I spot the dinner lady that inspired it and tip her the wink. She says "I'll stick my head around the door before I go home".

If he takes those under pants and them jammies to live with her he will back within the week.
It seems important he leaves the way he arrived though the front door. I sit fleetingly beside him conjuring the boy that was, I manage and it knocks me off my feet. He takes his anger and reality with him not even looking back.
And no I am not having me mother to stay with me for more than a week at a time. Her television viewing habits are worse than his.
Bit of that


May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm on your face,
May your God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
Child of our flesh
Bone of our bone
Remember the love that travels with you from our home.
(pick and mix, celtic prayer, sands, me)

1 comment: