Sunday 6 September 2009

Friday saturday and sunday

Bit of this
Friday.
Village hall hosts the church players or Barbara's band as I call them. Who have been taking the village by yawns and storms for over 18 years. This show was a hugely entertaining array of war time bits and skits. Added interest provided by noting how body shapes have changed over the years. I am desperate to capture these costumes on film especally B H in her old fashioned wheel chair.
Saturday
He wants to go to Hunstanton for the day and sulks terribly when I stick out for somewhere nearer. Upton Upon Servern is settled on. I must be looking particularly ghastly because one man tells me to smile shortly followed by one who actually stops and asks if I am alright. He however can be forgiven because I am sat on the kerb littering up the pavement. Cheer comes in the form of lunch in an old fashioned cafe with hundres of ornimental bells adorning the joint. You have guessed it was called the bell.
Half way home and I am ready to shoot myself. But perk up no end when we pour over our newly acquired map and decide we really would like to explore the severn estuary. Diversion and chocolate are a help where pain killers fail.
Sunday
Mork and Mindy are anxious that their second brood will be hail and hearty enough to travel to the winter resort, latter on in the month.
Bit of that
Anonymous
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when people say "Smile". Really drives me mad. I want to shoot them.

    ReplyDelete